Wednesday, May 15, 2013

News from the Obamaphate: Monty Python presages Jay Carney

Below is one of the funniest skits ever played on English language television.

As you watch it, think on how closely Graham Chapman's [strike that and substitute in Michael Palin's] seedy shopkeeper's character parallels Jay Carney's now laughably idiotic performances over the last few days.



CORRECTION: Reader Yos privately sent along this appropriately snarky comment:
What impresses me the most about the parrot sketch is Chapman's near perfect resemblance to Michael Palin.  (cough)
…better than Carney's near resemblance to masculinity.
Thanks Yos. As you know, unlike high level Obamaphate officials, I do correct my misstatements when they are pointed out to me

1 comment:

  1. This is a classic -- and yes, Graham does remind me of Jay Carney. Dodge, weave, lie and obfuscate.

    ReplyDelete